All Kinds of Plans

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

August 1, 2014

I'm sitting by the fire with a hazelnut mocha that Wendy made me, hitting the pause button on life for just a minute. This week has left me kind of a mess and it's only Wednesday!

*

Sunday was my brother's 22nd birthday. This is the 5th birthday of his that I have not been able to spend with him. Sure, there is skype and that's all well and good, but it's just not getting any easier. I miss him.

Over the last week or so I was chipping away at Madeleine L'Engle's "The Small Rain". It was her first novel and I had ZERO expectations. In fact, I assumed that I would probably hate it. I didn't. I decided to take however much time it took to finish it on Monday morning.  I never do that and it made for a lovely morning! Monday also included lots of cleaning and laundry and a walk on what we expect to be the last "fall" day of the year.

Then there was yesterday. I headed to my friend Heidi's house for the day. We made soap and sunscreen and I helped her daughter make a necklace and kept her son out of trouble. We visited with Ruth and then Dennis and Darlene too for a bit before I had to head back home. As I sat down on the couch last night I was so glad that I set aside that time to spend with all of them!

And today...I finished up the last webcast for a poetry class I've been taking, took a walk to get the van, and then I met up with Joe to run some errands.

*

I had all kinds of plans for my blog this week and now none of it seems important. I might write or I might just take this week off, I haven't decided yet.

There are people around us and the pain and the fights with sin and the aging aren't easy. We shouldn't leave each other to deal with these things alone. I'm so glad that God prepared things for me to do in this life and right now my soul is just overflowing with JOY in Him.

Excuse me while I praise Him and pick up the pieces...I'll be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. We need to encourage each other and spending time with people and the Lord is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy week!! Sometimes it's so good to just be present, and set aside time for God and others like you said. I hope you're enjoying your time doing just that :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please be sure to leave your e-mail so that I can reply. :)